The Accumulative Affects of Toxins in the Human Body

There are 80,000 synthetic chemicals currently registered by the EPA being used today in a variety of consumer goods. (1) Only a handful of these potential environmental toxins have been tested adequately for Bitmain KAS Miner KS3. Exposure to toxins can come in many different methods including the air we breath, the food we eat, the buildings we live and work in, pesticides and the vast array of consumer products we use everyday.

Perhaps one of the most common methods of exposure is through our personal care items such as hair care products, skin care products, many cosmetics as well as fragrances we love to spray all over before we go out. The average adult uses nine cosmetic products in a day; this is the equivalent of 126 to 170 synthetic chemicals being applied to the body in ONE day. There are around 10,500 synthetic chemicals being used today in our cosmetics and personal care items. (3) Only about 10 percent of these chemicals have been tested, while the other 90 percent have not been tested or evaluated by any publicly accountable institution.

The National Institute of Occupational Safety has identified 900 personal care ingredients to have toxic effects. (4) The European Union has banned and prohibited the use of 1,100 synthetic chemicals to be used in cosmetics that are known or suspected of having carcinogens, mutagens, or reproductive toxicants, while neither cosmetic products nor cosmetic ingredients are reviewed or approved by the FDA before they are sold to the public in the United States. Meanwhile the FDA has banned only 9 synthetic chemicals for use in consumer products!

There are very few regulations placed on manufactures regarding the ingredients used in their products. It is up to manufactures to decide which safety and efficacy test to perform on ingredients and the finished products. Companies are not legally obligated to submit safety data on their product formulas before they are sent out to the shelves for consumers to buy. Under current law raw ingredients used are not subject to any kind of safety review or approval process before use. Manufacturers also are not required to test ingredients for contamination even though many common personal care ingredients contain hazardous contaminants. Only after the public reports an injury or a problem will investigations begin on products and their ingredients and this is a very timely process.

The most problematic illnesses and disorders caused by the ingredients in personal care products typically take years to manifest themselves because of chronic exposure. It is very difficult to investigate the link between cosmetic ingredients we suspect to cause these illnesses and disorders. No clear cause and effect relationship between the products and the disease can be definitively shown to exist because too much time has passed between exposure and the end result. To many years are needed for low doses of a given chemical to do their dirty work.

Studies have shown there can be anywhere from 400 to 800 toxic materials stored in our bodies at a given time. Major organs that can be affected by this accumulation of toxic materials are the liver, kidneys, brain, and some of our glands such as the adrenals and thyroid. (2) Other common diseases associated with body toxins are nutritional deficiencies, brain chemistry damages, imbalance of hormones, autoimmune deficiency, enzyme dysfunction, neurological disorder and chronic disorders just to name a few. Over long periods of time we are exposed to myriad of toxins and very little is known about the accumulative effect of these toxins and chemicals on the human body. All we do know is that many disorders and problems are starting to become epidemics in our society.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *